Saturday, October 5, 2013

What's for Dinner? September 28 - October 4, 2013

Here is the list of dinner menus for the past week:

Saturday, September 28:Vegetarian Chili and Cornbread
★★★★★
I am not able to eat corn for a while, but my boys gave me thumbs up for the cornbread.  Chili was very tasty.  I'll make it again next week.  I still have some cooked beans in my freezer and a huge zucchini to use.  












Sunday, September 29: Northwoods Wild Rice and leftovers
★★★★★
I jazzed up this recipe a bit using Lundburg Wild Blend® instead of using wild rice.  I did not use bacon, but it turned out really well.  As a matter of fact, I ordered more of this rice from Amazon.  :-)



Monday, September 30: Vegan Sweet Potato Bowl with Chimichurri
★★★☆☆ 
I really liked the roasted sweet potato and red quinoa, but I did not acquire taste for parsley.  Thus, it was only "OK" taste to me. 



Tuesday, October 1: Cashew Chicken (chicken, celery and mushrooms stir-fry) 
★★★★★
This is my creation.  So, why not giving five stars to my own recipe?  Hehe.  I will post the recipe next time I make this.  



Wednesday, October 2: Ate out at local co-op.



Thursday, October 3: Ethiopian Cabbage Dish
★★★★★
This is our go-to recipe for easy and quick meal.  



Friday, October 4: Pizza day
I made some gluten free dough for me.  The rest of my family ate wheat based pizza dough. 


Snacks:
Pumpkin Bread

Please follow the instructions provided on the original recipe.  Because of the high fat and sugar content, I altered the recipe for my liking. 
 
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
→ 2 eggs and 1 Tablespoon of ground flax meal + 3 Tablespoons of water
1 cup vegetable oil
→ 1/2 cup oil + 1/2 cup apple sauce
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar 
→this is too much sugar to me!  I use 1 to 1 1/2 cups sugar. 
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt 
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger


Almond-Date Balls with Carob and Coconut
I am sure you can use cocoa powder instead of carob powder.  I make a lot of these date balls and freeze them.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment